FUNNY POLICING

Cop beats-up NRI for overtaking
Patna: An NRI businessman from Russia and his elderly father were allegedly beaten by policemen in Bihar’s Patna district for overtaking the vehicle of a probationer Indian Police Service (IPS) officer. A probe has been ordered, authorities said.
Shajendra Bihari Singh, in his early 40’s, was beaten up after he overtook the car of IPS officer Vivek Kumar when he was on his way from Jehanabad to native Dharhara village in Punpun near Patna.
"I was beaten like a criminal by policemen. I was innocent and I did not violate law of the land, but police treated me like a criminal and beat me with bamboo sticks and hands," Shajendra Singh, who owns a restaurant business in Russia, told news media.
"My only crime was that I overtook the vehicle of a police officer of Jehanabad. He was angered and stopped my vehicle a few minutes later. He started abusing and beating me."
He said the policemen thrashed his father Brijbihari Singh, who was with him. "Also we were taken to Parsa Bazar police station and beaten again there," he added.
The NRI, who displayed marks of injuries on his body, lodged a complaint but police refused to register a case. "Local Police officers and Bihar’s top police officers whom I contacted for justice downplayed the incident. They discouraged me to raise voice against the injustice," he said.
The Russia –based restaurateur then lodged a complaint at the Chief Judicial Magistrate in Patna Civil Court and petitioned the State Human Rights Commission for justice.
Additional Director General (Police head quarters) P K Thakur said: "A probe has been ordered into the case. We have asked the DIG (deputy inspector general) to investigate into the case and submit a report within a week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOCUS : APRIL- 2023 K. K MUHAMMED & SINU JOSEPH THEIR RELEVANCE TO INDIAN SOCIETY

Month-in-Perspective for October 2022

Focus for October 2022